Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Unchanged"

This is a song I wrote when I was sixteen and thought that with a little work it has some potential.

The moment our eyes met I just knew
that you'd take way my cynical views
You'd mend the broken pieces of my heart
Just me and you a brand new start
When I look into your eyes
Now I realize
You're all I need
Just you and me baby

You're the eyes to my soul
With you I lose my self control
and after all this time it stayed the same
Baby, our love remains unchanged

Your love provides a certain peace
An overwhelming, powerless release
The years have come and gone
Yet I wonder if you're the one

The more and more we've grown together
The love from you has become a treasure
Are we meant to be together?
Will you stay and love me forever?
Baby we're made for each other
I promise to never love another


You're the eyes to my soul
With you I lose my self control
and after all this time it stayed the same
Baby, our love remains unchanged

All the times I felt alone
I'd cry alone at home
Could never sleep at peace
Would sleep wake up and weep
Til the day you came along
You came along and I was strong
When I looked into your eyes
They had me mesmerized

The time we had apart
we stayed so close at heart
You capture my soul
Make me lose all control
I'll never feel the pain
Despite it all our love remains unchanged.

No comments: