Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Burden.

For many people, Christmas is not as joyful as candy canes, Santa, Jesus and presents. For some, it is a time where you need to put on a mask and fake a smile while your insides are hurting because you miss someone who is no longer with you.

For the past ten years, Christmas has not been the same without her. For those who did not know her, she had a presence that was welcoming, an engaging laugh, and eyes that were full of pain deep inside, but hidden with knowledge and wisdom.

I do not remember her laugh, her smile or her voice. However, I can see her face vividly. Unlike most the people in my family, I have not allowed myself to dream about her, or feel her surrounding me. Part of me died ten years ago, and I have been unknowingly suffering ever since.

No comments: